About GF Strong
- British Columbia's largest rehabilitation centre
- Inpatient, outpatient, and clinical support services
General Rehab Topics
GF Strong offers FREE General Client Education for all GF Strong clients and families:
See link - CALENDAR OF EDUCATION → → → → → → →
Examples of General Client Education topics:
- Bladder Management
- Bowel Management
- Positioning and Moving
- Skin Care and Wound Prevention
- Healthy Eating
- Fatigue Management
- Sleep Hygiene
- Managing Stress
- Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- Happiness Strategies
- Housing Options
- Personal Care Options: After Discharge
- Personal Care Options: Choice in Supports for Independent Living (CSIL)
- Physical Activity Resource Centre (PARC)
- Community and Disability Related Resources
- Driver Rehabiltiation
- Travelling with a Disability
- Caregiver Support of BC - Provides one-to-one support, information and referral to community resources, help navigate the healthcare system, family caregiver support groups, and education.
- Disability Alliance - FREE resources for people with all disabilities on Advocacy Access, Community and Residents Mentors Association, Emergency Preparedness, Farmers on 57th, Registered Disability Savings Plan, Social Inclusion Demonstration Project, Tax AID DABC, and Wellness and Disability Initiative.
- Disability Foundation - Consists of 6 affiliated societies to promote quality of life for people of all abilities: BC Mobiltiy Opportunities Societies (BCMOS), ConnecTra Society, Tetra Society of North America, Vancouver Adapted Music Society.
- GFS Drug and Alcohol counselling - available for GFS clients.
- Finding a Subsidized/Accessible Home - Helpful tips on finding a new home.
- Navigating Websites - How do you find reliable health information online? Use the checklist to find the right info.
- Neil Squire Society - A Not-for-profit organization empowering Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs.
- Self-Management BC - FREE workshops that provides information and teaches practical skills. It gives people the confidence and motivation they need to manage the challenges of living with chronic health conditions.
Calendar of Education
GF Strong offers general client education on a variety of rehab topics:
Helena Jung @ 604.737.6221
- Free small group sessions
- Explore your experiences of identity, disability, change process and life transition